BFC Group Holdings (BFC Group) was established in January 2008 and are parented by the Islamic Financial Services Group - Bank Alkhair B.S.C ©. We specialise in global money transfers, foreign currency exchange and wholesale currency services. Through nearly a century of development the BFC name has grown into a highly reputable organisation globally.
At BFC Group we are always looking to expand our market presence so that we can bring our services to more people all over world. Within our Group we have developed an assemblage of companies spanning over 5 countries.
- In 1917 Bahrain Financing Company (BFC) was first founded in Bahrain to trade gold bullion and foreign currency.
- In 1991 Bahrain Exchange Company (BEC) was established and today is one of the leading foreign exchange and money transfer specialists in Kuwait.
- In 2003 BFC Exchange Ltd (BFC Exchange) was formed in the United Kingdom and the same year EzRemit Money Transfer was launched, providing services from the Middle East and the United Kingdom to expatriate home destinations. Today EzRemit is present in over 30 countries with over 54,000 agent payout locations worldwide.
- In 2012 BFC Forex & Financial Services Pvt Ltd (BFC Forex) was established in India to facilitate incoming remittances from overseas and provide foreign exchange services.
- Also in 2012 BFC Exchange Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (BFC Exchange) started operations providing both money transfer and foreign exchange services.
History & Experience
Our history dates back to 1917, when BFC was first founded in Bahrain to trade in gold bullion and foreign currency. Nearing a century in the industry we have built a long-established and well respected reputation for moving money safely, transparently and efficiently, offering the best rates available for both our money transfer and foreign currency exchange services.
We understand the importance of what we do and we understand the commitment required by our customers to ensure we always deliver. Our core values reflect our commitment to our customers and stakeholders;
- Care means to look after our customers needs, making the extra effort to ensure they are satisfied with our service.
- Care means knowing we are part of a team who look out for each other and offer assistance to those in need.
- Care means going out of our way regardless of the pay off
- Trust means we take peoples money and send it around the world to their loved ones
- Trust means we do not exaggerate when we say some of our clients recipients are reliant on timely payments to survive.
- Trust Is a cornerstone of our business
- We need to be trusted to deliver on our promise, always.
- We know that the faster we work the better the result for our clients
- We are always finding ways to make changes to our work in order that we can improve on the efficiency of our team and company